Saturday, February 18, 2012

amazed by education


Are you not amazed by the beauty and power of education? Since I was young, I always thought what a pity it is when people cannot have the wonderful chance I have been given to go to school, learn, read, and now access the internet and watch documentaries and educational lectures, and of the sort I simply adore British ones. Because they seem to be done for the listener to be able to grasp and learn, rather than for the speaker to show off.
This is not a common concept in the Italian system, and surely not in the Italian television. And if it has ever been, not any longer, after the ridiculous decline provided by the media empire of a ridiculous middle class dwarf empowered by mafia collusion and black money.
Maybe not in some parts of the world, maybe not in younger generations, but in Italy, and amongst people of my age, and sure amongst older people, television is still the main source of information, or I should say opinion, cheap entertainment, and trash.

Enjoy some quality lectures here: http://www.richannel.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment