Thursday, December 29, 2016

disrupting conventions

Structure is important. Obvious. Without structure and categorisation it's hard to comprehend the world around us and extrapolate from observations. And yet!
We are lazy beings. When we find a pattern that suits us, we make a convention and stick to it. It becomes our law, our religion. Anything is wither within or without. And we judge.
Personally, I strive for 100%, I believe in n=1, and if a method is not described it does not mean the results are negligible. I believe inventions are just good observations, and plagiarism of the portion of the universe that we are able to perceive is the only chance we have to be creative.



1 comment:

  1. Dear Lorenda Bessone,

    My name is Sarah Eriksson and I am a master student in Geology at Uppsala university in Sweden. My aspiration for the future is to become a researcher so that i can work with what i love the most. I have always been fascinated about planetary geology and I believe that the tools that geologists use are underestimated by many. The reason that i write to you is because I know that you have been and still is involved in work by ESA. Therefore I have now gathered courage to write to you to ask if you might know anyone or any way for an interested geologist to be involved in the work done by ESA?

    Thank you for all the help!

    If you would like to contact me further my E-mail is: SarahcoldE@hotmail.com

    Best regards
    //Sarah

    ReplyDelete