Saturday, November 19, 2011

that would be me?


At a workshop on leadership for women some years ago (almost as good as teaching men how to knit as a way to become successful fathers), I was told that you should google yourself from time to time, just to check what others would see if they do. So when I am really bored, I sometimes decide to look up my friends, and a few days ago I looked for my own name, but I decided to look it up with the word "game". 
Very high up in the list I found a real surprise. A company was citing me as an example of out-of-the-box thinker, to then proceed to promote their own teaching methodology. 
Interesting, I thought ... they have no clue who I am, I never published anything easily accessible on what I do, but a couple of magazines in the last months had published articles about a couple of my projects, and they have used a very colourful language.
Did I go from being a very boring civil servant to a source of inspiration in innovative paradigms for immersive training?
And then I was thinking: what if they had met me in person, and had heard me speaking enthusiastically about those projects ... they would probably have ignored me, while busily looking for luminescent covers in popular magazines.

No comments:

Post a Comment